Source: AP - AP Wire Service
Jan 10 10:57
Editors Note CORRECTS: This story was first published on January 9, 2020. It was updated on January 10, 2020 to correct that he was arrested in Johnston County, not Clayton County.
CLAYTON, N.C. (AP) _ Police in North Carolina say they've arrested a man who they say had been walking through people's yards without any pants on.
WRAL reported Thursday that Carlos Antonio Soto, 18, was arrested in Johnston County, which is outside of Raleigh. He was charged with indecent exposure. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
Police said social media helped them identify Soto. Clayton Police Chief Blair Myhand said the he appreciated the community's help ``in bringing this disturbing case to close.''
Residents in one neighborhood began to complain about the sightings of the alleged prowler in early December.
Clayton police said the prowler was seen ``walking directly across driveways near front doors.'' In some security camera footage, police said the man ''is clearly not wearing shorts and can be seen crouching down near a backyard grill.''
Received Id AP120010D1B14C4D on Jan 11 2020 13:56